Presenting the ClarionMetroWizard!
- Github for Windows – http://windows.github.com/
- Grab a copy of the project – Clone in Windows – github-windows://openRepo/https://github.com/fushnisoft/ClarionMetroWizard
- OR… Fork the repo, play around and contribute something back! https://github.com/fushnisoft/ClarionMetroWizard/fork
- Metro, Windows 8 or Modern UI? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_%28design_language%29#Legal_issues
- “Inspiration” – Silverlight Metro Style Wizard
- ce_BaseWindowComponent Class – See IMPLEMENTS Inheritance topic in the Clarion help.
If a child class has the IMPLEMENTS attribute for an interface implemented above in it in the hierarchy, not all of the interface’s methods have to be overridden.
- ce_TabList Class – Originally inspired I think by the office 2007 options window this class that I already had was a nice starting point for the metro wizard.
- ce_MetroWizardForm Class – Finally the class that does the rest of the work!
- Compile the project APP and look at some of the features
- Implement in School.app (if there is time)
- Delete the SCHOOL004.clw from the solution
- Compile and make sure it all looks normal.
- Use the Students form as an example
- Copy the required files into the school.app directory
- Global embeds, After Global Includes
- UpdateStudents procedure
- re-arrange the form to work with the metro class
- Enlarge the window and sheet
- Shift all controls to the right and down a bit
- Set Sheet tab location to left with a width of 100 or so.
- Add Tab display prompts: ?PromptTabHeader, ?PromptTabDetail (make sure to set their tab order!)
- Set some PROP:Tip text on the tabs
- Set form background to COLOR:White
- Add MetroForm class and Init http://fushnisoft.github.com/ClarionMetroWizard/ce_MetroWizardForm.html#init
- Demo of Trips2012 application that is using these wizard (and more!)
- Windows 8 Color Palette
- Class documentation by Spinx
- Clarion doc comment extraction by Powershell – https://gist.github.com/fushnisoft/4961325
- Local RED file to support sub directories used by these classes – https://github.com/fushnisoft/ClarionMetroWizard/blob/master/Clarion80.red
- GitHub powered documentation hosting – http://fushnisoft.github.com/ClarionMetroWizard
Hopefully there is time to go through everything. The classes are pretty hacked together but they do what I need for now 🙂